Hope you’ve had a good weekend! Today I have a vegan recipe to share on my blog. These chocolate and orange cookies are delicious and they are super easy to make as it’s an everything in one bowl recipe. Although a little Christmassy they are a great vegan treat for picnics. Another great thing about these cookies is that all the ingredients are really easy to find and you may even have most of them already in your cupboard.
150g of Plain flour
1tsp of baking powder
1\4 cup of dark brown sugar
1 tsp of cinnamon or 1tsp of grated nutmeg
3 tbsp of granulated sugar
3 heaped tbsp of any vegan butter/spread
2 heaped tbsp of almond butter
Splash of soya milk or other vegan milk
1 tbsp of orange extract
1\2 tsp of vanilla extract
40g of dark (most are vegan but check) chocolate chips or chunks
(optional) extra 20 grams of dark chocolate for the melted chocolate topping
3/4 cup of candied orange peel
(optional) 10 dates or apricots cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ gas mark 4 / 360 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Next mix together the butter, almond butter orange extract, vanilla essence, candied orange peel, chocolate chips and (optional) dates/apricots.
- Sift the flour baking powder and spices into the bowl then add both the sugars and a splash of milk and mix until it becomes a cookie dough texture.
- Use your hands to mould 10 cookies of even size
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins
- leave to cool on a cooling rack
- (optional) when the cookies are cool melt the chocolate and drizzle over the cookies
- let the chocolate set and enjoy! – They should keep in an airtight container for around 5 days. But I’m sure they will have been eaten by then!!
Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed! I’d love to know if you gave these cookies a go!
Bye for now, see you Thursday